I have been making an inky mess!

I joined a group over the summer that does a one card a month swap using a technique. I am always hesitant trying new things and have put this card off for weeks. I finally sat down today to give it a try. I used this video from Stamp TV as a guide.

My first five attempts ~


On the top 3 I used Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade distress inks. On the bottom two, I switched to a lighter yellow, Scattered Straw. The first background uses strips of cardstock like the video showed, then I switched to die cuts made from Verve Stamp’s leafy sprigs dies. The last one used Lawn Fawn’s new smaller stitched leaves.

I still wasn’t happy with the contrast so I tried it again a little while ago. This time I added in a third color, Barn Door. I also wanted to use bigger leaves so I cut a bunch of leaves from Tim Holtz’s Fall Foliage die set.


I love how it came out!! It now looks similar to the cards I received for the swap.

Tomorrow I will be busy putting all these backgrounds to use!