Follow Me

2019 Reading Challenge

2019 Reading Challenge
Kristie has read 29 books toward her goal of 75 books.
Follow on Bloglovin

Posts Tagged ‘Tim Holtz’

Spiderman Inspired birthday card



My nephew, Kaleb, turned 6 last Friday. This year’s theme was Spiderman! After cutting spider webs in different sizes for his friend birthday party a few weeks ago, I decided to go through my stash and figure out how to make a Spiderman card without buying anything. I am happy to say I succeeded!



I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder for the background, added a few spiders that had been cut with the webs, a number die cut and a sentiment. It came together pretty easy!


Project 14/365


Stamps: SU Number of Years

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

CS: SU Real Red, Dapper Denim, Whisper White

Other: Sizzix Texture Fades Halloween Words & Cobwebs set by Tim Holtz, spiders from Taylored Expressions dies, SU Large Number Framelits, dimensionals

Birthday Daisy

Today’s card is for The Challenge #55 – a sketch and my Matchup with a Twist Challenge #4. Today’s matchup is The Angel Company (inked up for the first time!) and Basic Grey with a twist of banner dies.


2016 Card 4 - TAC Gerbera Daisy


I inked up TAC’s Gerbera Daisy with Tim Holtz distress markers in Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon and Crushed Olive.  The sentiment is from TAC’s Birthday stamp set and was stamped with MFT Black Licorice hybrid ink.  I chose a banner from MFT Blueprints 20 and distressed it along with the other patterned papers using the Stampin’ Up! distress tool.  The paper is Basic Grey’s Ambrosia line, quite the “vintage” line from my stash.  I added two MFT buttons threaded with PTI linen thread to finish off the card.


Here is the sketch~



Thanks for stopping by!



Stamps: The Angel Company Gerbera Daisy, Birthday 

Ink: MFT Black Licorice hybrid

CS: MFT Whip Cream

PP: Basic Grey Ambrosia

Other: Tim Holtz distress markers (Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon, Crushed Olive), MFT Black Licorice buttons, PTI linen thread, MFT Stitched Circle Stax, MFT Blueprints 20

Just a Little Spooky ATCs

I joined a “Just a Little Spooky” atc swap.  I had to make two and since it’s a mixed media/creative group, they needed to be stepped up a bit from what I would normally do.  I spent hours working on them and hope the recipient likes them!


The first one is a witch from Lil Inker Designs. She is from a set called Bats & Broomsticks.

Lil Inkers Bats and Broomsticks ATC

I embossed her with Brilliance Graphite Black ink and SU black embossing powder. Then I added Faber Castell Glass Bead Glitter Glue with the Simon Says Stamp Falling Stars stencil. I let it dry naturally for a bit and then used my heat gun on it.  I then sprayed it with Tim Holtz Wilted Violet distress stain spray and sponged on Seedless Preserves and Black Soot distress ink. I wiped a baby wipe over it to take away some of the ink off the witch and the stars. I decided to add the sentiment in white.  It didn’t emboss fully because of the black embossing underneath but I think it still looks okay.


This next ATC uses the uber popular Tim Holtz Crazy Birds and Crazy Birds accessories set.

TH Crazy Birds Halloween ATC

My fingers are still a bit orange from this atc LOL!  I added Carved Pumpkin distress ink to a Tim Holtz Alterations spider web embossing folder and ran it through my Big Shot. Then I added a few words from the Tim Holtz Halloween layering stencil using Black Soot distress ink.  I stamped the crazy bird and the witch hat and cut them out with my Scan N Cut.  It nicked a few of parts of the wings so I stamped them again and added them on. The bird and hat were colored with copics. I added Gold Wink of Stella to the witch’s hat and glossy accents to the bird’s eyes.


I need to go get a few more cards made before the Cubs/Mets game tonight!

Bordered Retiform Technique

I have been making an inky mess!

I joined a group over the summer that does a one card a month swap using a technique. I am always hesitant trying new things and have put this card off for weeks. I finally sat down today to give it a try. I used this video from Stamp TV as a guide.

My first five attempts ~


On the top 3 I used Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade distress inks. On the bottom two, I switched to a lighter yellow, Scattered Straw. The first background uses strips of cardstock like the video showed, then I switched to die cuts made from Verve Stamp’s leafy sprigs dies. The last one used Lawn Fawn’s new smaller stitched leaves.

I still wasn’t happy with the contrast so I tried it again a little while ago. This time I added in a third color, Barn Door. I also wanted to use bigger leaves so I cut a bunch of leaves from Tim Holtz’s Fall Foliage die set.


I love how it came out!! It now looks similar to the cards I received for the swap.

Tomorrow I will be busy putting all these backgrounds to use!