HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
On the first of each month, I plan to post my intentions with regards to my crafting, reading & home stuff. I will continuously update this post as I go, as I think it will be easier than a round up at month’s end. I’m hoping to have a more fulfilling crafty life while still reading and getting my home in order.
- Do Clean & Simple Cardmaking 1 class (10 lessons)
- Start Clean & Simple Cardmaking 4 class (starts Jan. 26th)
- Make 5 cards using new spring/SAB Stampin Up products – 2/5 as of 1/12/15
- Make 5 cards using January 2015 Simon Says Stamp card kit
- Make 5 valentine cards using TE Formula for Love card kit – 3/5 as of 1/2/15
- Make 5 pages for my Mom’s Disney album
- Make 5 traditional pages for my album (pick from the huge stack of photos, no printing new ones!) – 2/5 as of 1/31/15
- Mail 5 cards from my stash – 15/5 as of 1/31/15 (mostly birthday…who knew that I had so many January birthdays on my calendar!)
- and here is the biggie – NO BUY for January. That’s right, I am planning to USE my stash and not buy anything for 31 days. Wish me luck!! – I blew that on 1/9/15…starting over as of 1/10/15! I held strong and continued through the end of the month without buying craft products! Yay me!
- Read 5 books (mix of e-book, hardcover & paperback) – in bold are the ones I read…
- Insatiable Appetites by Stuart Woods (comes out Jan. 6th – ebook) – finished 1/16/15
- Book Clubbed by Lorna Barrett (hardcover) – started 1/1/15 but it’s slow going…
- The Chocolate Puppy Puzzle by Joanna Carl (paperback)
- The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler (ebook) – finished 1/14/15
- The Baker’s Daughter by Sarah Mccoy (ebook)
Instead of picking another book from my list, I read Death by Cashmere by Sally Goldenbaum, great book! I ordered the next one from Amazon really cheap…actually free with my Amazon Visa points! I also finished late on the 31st, For Whom the Bluebell Tolls by Beverly Allen, great 2nd installment of the Bridal Bouquet Shop series!
- Bring all bags from dining room to Goodwill – done 1/19/15
- Go through two piles in guest room – done 1/17/15
- Go through one pile in dining room closet – done 1/18/15
- Read 5 old magazines – 10/5 as of 1/18/15
- Decorate hallway table for winter – decorated the side/buffet table in the dining room instead. I can’t find half of my winter decorations!